SPP Classics Updated

Share your complete repacks with the community.
anaconda7117

Re: SPP Classics Updated

Post by anaconda7117 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:24 am

An issue we have been running into.

If some grps with a player bot. they go offline and not disband grp. And bring the bot back online with a character not grouped with previously. Server crashes.

Is there anyway to avoid or fix this?

Thanks

rejazz

Post by rejazz » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:56 am

Quick question, did something change with the last update in regards to rare spawns and drops? Since the update all rare spawns only drop junk. Did a line get added to the mangos config I need to edit to fix this? Kinda takes all the fun out of finding and killing rares lol. Thanks!

celguar

Post by celguar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:50 am

anaconda7117 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:24 am
Is there anyway to avoid or fix this?
Thanks
Hello! Try to login the same char and remove bot from group. :?
rejazz wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:56 am
Quick question, did something change with the last update in regards to rare spawns and drops? Since the update all rare spawns only drop junk.
No drop/loot was changed in any update so far. Maybe it was your lucky day before :roll: :)

Trumpet1994

Post by Trumpet1994 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 am

Just wanna say, I am sooo happy I found this project online. I really appreciate all the work, and time that went into this. It's so refreshing to be able to play wow in whole different perspective. As busy college student who is working on the side, being able to just login and throw a group together for dungeons/raids is supper refreshing without worrying about changing my schedule around just to play a game that I so desperately missed.

With that said however, there's a major annoyance that's been occurring that's been taking my enjoy away from it: the loot priority the AI has over the player.

Is there anyway I can toggle/disable their ability to loot things? Lately, they have been needing on all the items that drop, useable or not.

They also take all white rarity crafting mats that drop,(cloth, ingredients,etc) making it almost impossible to level skills like tailoring and cooking. It doesn't matter if its group loot or not. They still manage to take crafting mats no matter what it is set too. When I attempt to trade for them they will usually want me to pay for them,(which normally I wouldn't mind but they constantly hog them all).

Is there a solution to this?

(I am playing on vanilla)

Leo

Post by Leo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Hey Trumpet1994, I'm glad you're having fun with the repack. As far as I know there's no way to stop them from looting trade wares no matter what kind of looting option you use, so I recommend you disable their ability to loot altogether. To do this you have to type in party chat " nc -loot ". I also recommend disabling " nc -gather ".

If your server is updated then from the config you will be able to set it so that bots complete their quests automatically so you won't need them to loot quest items either. I don't recommend playing with auto complete off because it can take a tremendous amount of time to complete most quests.

You can still use your bot to carry your items to free your bags by trading them the items and then asking for those items back when you're at the vendor. Alternatively you can also log in on their characters and sell stuff (what I usually do).

I highly recommend you use the bot addon so you have a visual representation of what some of their settings are.
You can also ask the bots either in party chat (all will answer to you) or by whispering them what their combat strategies ( co ? ) or non combat strategies are ( nc ? ). You should play around with their strategies to see what you like and whatnot. This is can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you learn more about them you'll manage to get them to do what you want, mostly. I highly recommend you join us on discord and ask questions there as well. A lot of the questions about strategies have been asked and answered already.

anaconda7117

Post by anaconda7117 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:10 pm

Has anyone gotten a fix yet for the mangosbot addon? So it can be used in the TBC?

celguar

Post by celguar » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:19 am

anaconda7117 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:10 pm
Has anyone gotten a fix yet for the mangosbot addon? So it can be used in the TBC?
Here you go
https://mega.nz/file/nEUnASTD#n5jDn0dtY ... YLZg66_HGQ

Bokrael

Post by Bokrael » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:55 am

Whaat? I if that is legit it would be most complete SPP server ever and would be EPIC! Going to test it ASAP!

Trumpet1994

Post by Trumpet1994 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:19 am

Leo wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:12 pm
Hey Trumpet1994, I'm glad you're having fun with the repack. As far as I know there's no way to stop them from looting trade wares no matter what kind of looting option you use, so I recommend you disable their ability to loot altogether. To do this you have to type in party chat " nc -loot ". I also recommend disabling " nc -gather ".

If your server is updated then from the config you will be able to set it so that bots complete their quests automatically so you won't need them to loot quest items either. I don't recommend playing with auto complete off because it can take a tremendous amount of time to complete most quests.

You can still use your bot to carry your items to free your bags by trading them the items and then asking for those items back when you're at the vendor. Alternatively you can also log in on their characters and sell stuff (what I usually do).

I highly recommend you use the bot addon so you have a visual representation of what some of their settings are.
You can also ask the bots either in party chat (all will answer to you) or by whispering them what their combat strategies ( co ? ) or non combat strategies are ( nc ? ). You should play around with their strategies to see what you like and whatnot. This is can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you learn more about them you'll manage to get them to do what you want, mostly. I highly recommend you join us on discord and ask questions there as well. A lot of the questions about strategies have been asked and answered already.
Sorry for the late response.

When I type "nc-loot" into the chat I get a message prompt saying "You can change any strategy expect loot and gather". I do have a MangosBot addon installed, which does give me more control over them, but yet even from this addon I still can not disable their loot and gather function. It is worth mentioning too that if set the loot rules to any thing besides the default "group loot" the bots refuse to do anything until I change it back, which even then they kind of just stop functioning all together, as they just stand in place avoiding combat and other things.

I will look into joining discord. I apologize if this was a topic that had already been brought up there. If anybody here is able to come up with a solution I'd appreciate.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png

azerith

Post by azerith » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm

Mine started lagging and i checked the mangosd.exe window and it was saying over and over
"Pet::UpdateSpeed: Unsupported move type (6)". Pretty sure this is whats causing it, if i could get a solution that would be great.

Couple other problems i can't seem to solve is how stop bots from fear and sheep constantly and change the spec of the bots permanently to what i want. If i change spec manually they just change to another tree when they level. TY

celguar

Post by celguar » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am

azerith wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm
Mine started lagging and i checked the mangosd.exe window and it was saying over and over
"Pet::UpdateSpeed: Unsupported move type (6)". Pretty sure this is whats causing it, if i could get a solution that would be great.

Couple other problems i can't seem to solve is how stop bots from fear and sheep constantly and change the spec of the bots permanently to what i want. If i change spec manually they just change to another tree when they level. TY
Hey! How many bots did you set? For a smooth experience I do not recommend setting more than 2000 bots.

Bots fear and sheep to crowd control. To disable it you can whisper that bot "co -cc", then he won't do CC abilities.

Bots changing specs will be fixed in the next update. Sorry for inconvenience :)

azerith

Post by azerith » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Thank you very much. i have 963 bots and have it set to 950-1000. I will try the -cc . and also I figured out that i could whisper "talents pve dps fury" or whatever version you want from the list in the aibot file. Howerver, there is no Holy spec for priest . if there is something i could copy paste in there that would give that I would appreciate it but if not it is ok as well. TY

Also, not sure if were supposed to report bugs in a different forum since im fairly new but my mage and warlock get stuck still trying to shoot there wands and using there regular spells and it makes them not do anything. Only way i fixed it was to unequip the wands and destroy them . If there is a way to disable the shoot option from there list of abilities I would appreciate it.

azerith

Post by azerith » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:43 am

I know my last post didn't get a response but I think I found my main issue with the lag. Everytime i lag I checked the mangosd.exe window and it says "Checking BG Queue... BG Queue check finished". I am lagging the same after increasing my bots from 1000 to 2000, so i am almost positive this is the issue. If someone can tell me how to disable the BG Queue I would really appreciate it.

The "Pet::UpdateSpeed: Unsupported move type (6)" error is still happening but i don't think this is affecting the game as much as i thought. TY

mabox123

Post by mabox123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:26 am

Hi,

I used the installer but kept getting 'can't connect to mysql server on 127.0.0.1'. I haven't installed MYSQL, just followed the instructions on Github. What am I doing wrong?

celguar

Post by celguar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm

azerith wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:43 am
If someone can tell me how to disable the BG Queue I would really appreciate it.
Hey! :)
add this line to aiplayerbots.conf:
AiPlayerbot.RandomBotJoinBG = 0

celguar

Post by celguar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

mabox123 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:26 am
Hi,

I used the installer but kept getting 'can't connect to mysql server on 127.0.0.1'. I haven't installed MYSQL, just followed the instructions on Github. What am I doing wrong?
Hey! What OS version do you have? Is it installed from an official Windows distribution and has no "tweaks and functions deleted"?

Lobo99X

Post by Lobo99X » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:35 pm

I play with 4500 bots and I barely have latency

mabox123

Post by mabox123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Found a bug for Mac users that install bootcamp.

In the mysql configs you need to add an extra line to start the MySQL databases.

In server > database (and database_Playerbot) folder, edit SPP-Database file

Add this line to [mysqld]
innodb_flush_method=normal

Now everything should work.

celguar

Post by celguar » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Lobo99X wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:35 pm
I play with 4500 bots and I barely have latency
Latency or game input lag? If you play locally latency is always 0

Lobo99X

Post by Lobo99X » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Hello again
It happened to me when the bots are created and quite high, I left it a couple of hours and then it was going well, but since there are no bots in the queue for now, I'm doing fine