When running our previous WOTLK 3.3.5a server, all player characters were able to learn all profession at the same time.
- Ensure that worldserver.conf is set to MaxPrimaryTradeSkill = 11 (or anything above 2)
- Create a new character
- Learn any two professions (in one test I used Blacksmithing and Alchemy)
- -- Notice that you cannot manually learn a third profession from a trainer (Separate issue, I think)
- Manually learn the skill via GM Command .learn 7411 (Enchanting)
- /cast enchanting
- -- Notice how it works correctly
- -- Notice how in the DB the "character_skills" table has an entry for 333
- -- Another verify step, Disenchant an item, notice how your character_skills value for 333 correctly increases to 2
- -- Another verify step, run "/cast enchanting" Notice how the UI correctly shows a skill level of 2 for enchanting.
- Log out of the character
- -- Notice how in the DB the "character_skills" table has an entry for 333 with a value of 2
- Log in to the same character
- Wait ~1 minute for database to be updated
- ** Notice how in the DB the "character_skills" table no longer has an entry for 333
- -- Another verify step, "/cast enchanting", Notice how nothing happens
- Anticheat.Enable = 0 (Anti cheat is disabled)
- No messages in the log files related to this, both client and server
- (For Control) If enchanting is one of the two primary professions, and the steps above are followed, enchanting (333) works fine.
- ?Clue? If you unlearn "Enchanting" as one of your two primary professions, (leaving one remaining) log off and log on, the same issue occurs " character_skills" will no longer have Enchanting 333.
- Is this is a problem with the SSP Legion pack or elsewhere in the stack.
- I have browsed the TrinityCore\AshamaneCore GitHub and cannot find the code that seems to remove the character_skills. "Player.cpp" looks like it might be a candidate, but cannot confirm.
- Does the GM command ".learn" miss an additional record/value needed for persistence with MaxPrimaryTradeSkill?
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
https://community.trinitycore.org/topic ... ofessions/