Single Player Project - AshamaneCore (BFA)

josephm

Re: Single Player Project - AshamaneCore (BFA)

Post by josephm » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Ill try to do that, thanks. If, in any case, anyone knows where I can download the full client without the need to upgrade an existing one, I'd like that, as I'm not sure If I'll be able to upgrade the existing one.

haychip

Post by haychip » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:00 pm

I found this but I have not downloaded it to see if it works. It is only 490mb so it has to be a Minimal Client or its not all the files. I will see once it is done downloading. Hopefully it does not give corrupt my system.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/50ea8ls57 ... 8.zip/file

josephm

Post by josephm » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:34 pm

I have tried to update using the Battle Net Launcher, but it says "the folder does not contain the correct version of the game. Please check the installation path and try again."

Any thoughts?

I can't use the minimal client because of the internet traffic issue.

milvax

Post by milvax » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 pm

josephm wrote:
> I have tried to update using the Battle Net Launcher, but it says "the
> folder does not contain the correct version of the game. Please check the
> installation path and try again."
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> I can't use the minimal client because of the internet traffic issue.

I have the same issue. Can anyone here share a non-torrent link to the minimal client that will work with this specific project?

milvax

Post by milvax » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 pm

haychip wrote:
> I found this but I have not downloaded it to see if it works. It is only
> 490mb so it has to be a Minimal Client or its not all the files. I will see
> once it is done downloading. Hopefully it does not give corrupt my system.
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/file/50ea8ls57 ... 8.zip/file

Did this work?

josephm

Post by josephm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:51 am

Just an update. I upgraded a full client from version 7.3.5 into the most recent one using Battle Net application, but now I am unable to log in into the SPP server on the updated client. It seems it can only log in to a Battle Net Server.

If I find a solution I will post further updates.

milvax

Post by milvax » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am

Can someone please assist me? I'm trying to run in offline mode and found this tool to do it, but it fails to work.

SPP-BFA\SPP-BFA\Server\Tools\SingleCoreLanSwitcher.exe

I'm running the above file but keep receiving this message "Cant connect to mysql. Start the server first"

Has anyone been able to get this to work without this error message? How did you do it?

Note: I ran the following files and none of them resolved this message:

Mysql.exe
Mysld.exe
Apache Start
All files used to start the game normally (Database, Bnet Server, World Server batch files)
Launch Servers batch file (selected both option 1 "Start Ashamane Core and option 2 Start BestCore)

None of this worked. How did you guys start the server to get the Single Core Lan Switcher to work?

LeRutY

Post by LeRutY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Please help me, I still get the "You have been disconnected. (BLZ51901060)" error. I´ve changed "SET portal" to 127.0.0.1, I´m using the Arctium 8.2.X client launcher, BfA build is 31478 and so is the repack (ran the updater). I don´t know where the problem lies :(

milvax

Post by milvax » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:21 am

LeRutY wrote:
> Please help me, I still get the "You have been disconnected.
> (BLZ51901060)" error. I´ve changed "SET portal" to
> 127.0.0.1, I´m using the Arctium 8.2.X client launcher, BfA build is 31478
> and so is the repack (ran the updater). I don´t know where the problem lies
> :(

That is strange, I have not encountered that problem. Let's try to help each other out:

1. Make sure you meet all of the requirements to run the launcher program you are using (I just google searched this.....the page listing the requirements was quite lengthy for mine). Not having even one of these can result in strange error messages/failure to start.
2. Make sure you google search that error message, maybe there is something out there reported (this error may occur for official WoW players with you specific computer setup as well, doesn't hurt to check. Nothing to lose.
3. Make sure you are running everything in the correct order: 1) SPP-BFA_Updater 2) 1_Database.bat 3) 2_Bnetserver.bat 4) 3_Worldserver.bat 5) Wait for each bat file to finish doing its thing PRIOR to moving to the next one. Write down any and all error messages displayed within the running .bat program 6) Click on the running .bat file in your task bar and ensure ALL 3 are still simultaneously (if not then the one not currently running is your problem) 7) Open Arctium WoW Client Launcher.exe 8) Wait a good amount of time, this may take awhile or not.....speed depends heavily upon the specs of your PC and/or speed of your internet. 9) Once you are on the official WoW log-in screen type the following:

admin@admin (note: this is the USERNAME you will use)
admin (note: this is the PASSWORD you will use)

Please report back if this helped or not.

I'm trying to run in offline mode and found this tool to do it, but it fails to work.

I'm running the above file but keep receiving this message "Cant connect to mysql. Start the server first"

Has anyone been able to get this to work without this error message? How did you do it?

Mysql.exe
Mysld.exe
Apache Start
All files used to start the game normally (Database, Bnet Server, World Server batch files)
Launch Servers batch file (selected both option 1 "Start Ashamane Core and option 2 Start BestCore)

None of this worked. How did you guys start the server to get the Single Core Lan Switcher to work?

josephm

Post by josephm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:51 am

I have the exact same problem as LeRutY.

I see that the 4_WebRegistration_server.bat does not show the same version of the WOW client. Could this be the reason?

(P.S.: do we really need 4_WebRegistration_server.bat if we use the admin@admin account?)

milvax

Post by milvax » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:06 am

josephm wrote:
> I have the exact same problem as LeRutY.
>
> I see that the 4_WebRegistration_server.bat does not show the same version
> of the WOW client. Could this be the reason?
>
> (P.S.: do we really need 4_WebRegistration_server.bat if we use the
> admin@admin account?)

My Arctium WoW Client Launcher.exe version is: 8.2.0.0. Works great. What is your version number for this file? Also, no you do NOT need to use the WebRegistration_server.bat if you log in with the admin account using the instructions provided above. You only need to do this step 4, if you want to log in with an account other than an admin account.

Also, do you mind checking if you can run this file successfully/without error messages that has been causing me a TON of problems........I have tried everything and can't figure this out:

I'm trying to run in offline mode and found this tool to do it, but it fails to work.

Mysql.exe
Mysqld.exe
Apache Start

LeRutY

Post by LeRutY » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am

milvax wrote:
> Also, do you mind checking if you can run this file successfully/without error
> messages that has been causing me a TON of problems........I have tried everything
> and can't figure this out:
>
> I'm trying to run in offline mode and found this tool to do it, but it fails to work.
>
> SPP-BFA\SPP-BFA\Server\Tools\SingleCoreLanSwitcher.exe
>
> I'm running the above file but keep receiving this message "Cant connect to
> mysql. Start the server first"
>
> Has anyone been able to get this to work without this error message? How did you do
> it?
>
> Note: I ran the following files and none of them resolved this message:
>
> Mysql.exe
> Mysld.exe
> Apache Start
> All files used to start the game normally (Database, Bnet Server, World Server batch
> files)
> Launch Servers batch file (selected both option 1 "Start Ashamane Core and
> option 2 Start BestCore)
>
> None of this worked. How did you guys start the server to get the Single Core Lan
> Switcher to work?

I get the same error message, just use Hamachi I guess. Maybe it´s just a trash file. It´s existing in every repack Conan releases. For the repack you don´t need to have an internet connection.
-----------------------------------------------------
I took a break of WoW repacks (some months), something must have been happening. Because the BfA 8.0.1 28153 repack worked back then and so did SPP Legion. Everytime I try to login a new line of this error message appears in bnetserver:
"[(127.0.0.1:(somenumbershere)] SSL Handshake failed no shared cipher"
I´m by far not a newbie to repacks and I never had those connection problems.

@josephm

Have you tried Legion? Or Vanilla-WoD repacks? Do they work for you? I only have Vanilla - Cataclysm repacks and I can connect to the servers just fine, it´s only Legion and BfA which are suddenly giving me trouble.

milvax

Post by milvax » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:55 pm

LeRutY wrote:
> I took a break of WoW repacks (some months), something must have been happening.
> Because the BfA 8.0.1 28153 repack worked back then and so did SPP Legion. Everytime
> I try to login a new line of this error message appears in bnetserver:
> "[(127.0.0.1:(somenumbershere)] SSL Handshake failed no shared cipher"
> I´m by far not a newbie to repacks and I never had those connection problems.
>
> @josephm
>
> Have you tried Legion? Or Vanilla-WoD repacks? Do they work for you? I only have
> Vanilla - Cataclysm repacks and I can connect to the servers just fine, it´s only
> Legion and BfA which are suddenly giving me trouble.

I'm confused. You received this error message "....SSL Handshake failed...." while trying to play the game normally (on the step where you access the bnetserver) or by trying to connect to the bnetserver trying to get the SingleCoreLanSwitcher.exe to work properly?

If you can't play at all, that is really unfortunate, maybe I got lucky because the game appears to be playing fine on my end (knock on wood). I have not downloaded the others yet (Legion/Warlords of Draenor/Vanilla) so I have no idea. I'll definitely try to get them soon and test them out.

Can you let me know what your screen says when you open SingleCoreLanSwitcher.exe and put the selector on "offline"?

LeRutY

Post by LeRutY » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 pm

@milvax

The first one. It´s not there in the first place (just booting up bnetserver.exe), only appearing after tryin to login ingame (accessing the realmlist, which doesn´t come up). Yeah, I can´t play at all and no one seems to know any solution. One guy told me to check IPs and ports, but I haven´t changed anything, the repack should work "out of the box". I can connect to the official servers btw.

To that "SingleCoreLanSwitcher": I´m getting "Cant connect to mysql. Start the server first" like you.

josephm

Post by josephm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:02 am

Ok I managed to get it to work. I'm gonna write the instructions here to make sure you can follow exactly what I did, but I assume some of these steps are unnecessary.

1. I used the blizzard updater to update version 3.3.5a to the most recent 8.2.0

2. Started 1) SPP-BFA_Updater 2) 1_Database.bat 3) 2_Bnetserver.bat (did not start Worldserver! I don't need it it is just for myself

3. At this point I was reading the forum and checked milvax's request and I did try SingleCoreLanSwitcher and got the same error message, but I decided to open the settings on the window and input 127.0.0.1 as adress and 8085 as port. The SingleCoreLanSwitcher is frozen (I can't do anything with it) but it's still on after I applied the new settings. I'm not sure if that was the trick.

4. Go to https://arctium.io/ > World of Warcraft tab > Launchers > Custom Server > Windows > Battle for Azeroth > and download version 8.2.X

5. Extract it in the ROOT folder (not _retail_, extract to the mother folder to _retail_)

6. Start the game by using Arctium WoW Client Launcher.exe

7. Login with admin@admin account (pass:admin)

That's it, good luck guys! Wish we could all play together ;)

Rotkohladler

Post by Rotkohladler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 am

josephm wrote:
> Ok I managed to get it to work. I'm gonna write the instructions here to make sure
> you can follow exactly what I did, but I assume some of these steps are unnecessary.
>
> 1. I used the blizzard updater to update version 3.3.5a to the most recent 8.2.0
>
> 2. Started 1) SPP-BFA_Updater 2) 1_Database.bat 3) 2_Bnetserver.bat (did not start
> Worldserver! I don't need it it is just for myself
>
> 3. At this point I was reading the forum and checked milvax's request and I did try
> SingleCoreLanSwitcher and got the same error message, but I decided to open the
> settings on the window and input 127.0.0.1 as adress and 8085 as port. The
> SingleCoreLanSwitcher is frozen (I can't do anything with it) but it's still on after
> I applied the new settings. I'm not sure if that was the trick.
>
> 4. Go to https://arctium.io/ > World of Warcraft tab > Launchers > Custom
> Server > Windows > Battle for Azeroth > and download version 8.2.X
>
> 5. Extract it in the ROOT folder (not _retail_, extract to the mother folder to
> _retail_)
>
> 6. Start the game by using Arctium WoW Client Launcher.exe
>
> 7. Login with admin@admin account (pass:admin)
>
> That's it, good luck guys! Wish we could all play together ;)

I always get an error message, saying my WoW Version is invalid. Any help?

LeRutY

Post by LeRutY » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 am

josephm wrote:
> Ok I managed to get it to work. I'm gonna write the instructions here to make sure
> you can follow exactly what I did, but I assume some of these steps are unnecessary.
>
> 1. I used the blizzard updater to update version 3.3.5a to the most recent 8.2.0
>
> 2. Started 1) SPP-BFA_Updater 2) 1_Database.bat 3) 2_Bnetserver.bat (did not start
> Worldserver! I don't need it it is just for myself
>
> 3. At this point I was reading the forum and checked milvax's request and I did try
> SingleCoreLanSwitcher and got the same error message, but I decided to open the
> SingleCoreLanSwitcher is frozen (I can't do anything with it) but it's still on after
>
> 4. Go to https://arctium.io/ > World of Warcraft tab > Launchers > Custom
> Server > Windows > Battle for Azeroth > and download version 8.2.X
>
> 5. Extract it in the ROOT folder (not _retail_, extract to the mother folder to
> _retail_)
>
> 6. Start the game by using Arctium WoW Client Launcher.exe
>
> 7. Login with admin@admin account (pass:admin)
>
> That's it, good luck guys! Wish we could all play together ;)

I´ve tried with SingleCoreLanSwitcher but BLZ error still shows up. The repack should work without that tool. I never used it in SPP Legion and BfA 8.0.1. But you´re saying you can´t connect without it?

milvax

Post by milvax » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:37 am

Strange, I left the ip as 127.0.0.1 and changed the port from the default to 8085 and that did not help at all. Still receiving the exact same error message. Since you said you got it to work can you explain what happens after you select "offline" and click apply?

milvax

Post by milvax » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Why does the Allied Race Kul Tiran state that we must have Battle for Azeroth installed? I already have it installed.

So what exactly do we need to do in this SPP-BFA repack to unlock this class? Reach exhaulted with Proudmoore admirality + earn achievement "A Nation United" only? Will this work? Has anyone tested it to see if it will work? Or is this race not working (not compatible) in this current repack build?

josephm

Post by josephm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:51 pm

"Strange, I left the ip as 127.0.0.1 and changed the port from the default to 8085 and that did not help at all. Still receiving the exact same error message. Since you said you got it to work can you explain what happens after you select "offline" and click apply?"

The application blocked, that was it! But I don't think that had nothing to do with my success.

I am having issues now though. The Arctium application disappears and the WOW.exe refuses to launch. There is an error message that the file is damaged. I'll post more once I have updates.